Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 06:00 PM · 1 rsvpKirby Ice House in Houston, TX
Add to your calendar: http://evt.to/ghhuuaiw
Join us from 6pm to 9pm at Kirby Ice House to network with other young professionals in the Houston area!
👋 Thanks for checking out YCP. That's us, the 2019-2020 Leadership Team in the pic above...we'd love to meet you, get to know you, and talk about your ideas for YCP as we plan for some (hopefully) awesome events these next few months. We're readers, athletes, writers, musicians, and world travelers – to name a few of our gifts and interests, and maybe we've got a thing or two in common...we'd love to share our stories and hear yours as well over a drink or two. Hope to see you there! - YCP LT
The policy at Kirby Ice House is patrons must be 22 and older. YCP Members in attendance will receive 1 free drink ticket!
Parking: Kirby Ice House has free parking located off of Eastside street. Street parking is also available.Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 06:15 PMSt. Cecilia Catholic School in Houston, TX
Add to your calendar: http://evt.to/ghhughgw
Join us at our August Executive Speaker Series featuring Christie Peters and Kassie Manning, founders of Every Sacred Sunday, a Mass journal approved by the USCCB to encourage a more intentional Mass experience.
Ask yourself: How do you prepare for the most important hour of the week? In 2016, Kassie and Christie were craving a resource to help them participate more actively in the Mass. On July 28, 2017 they launched a Kickstarter campaign that exceeded its goal in the first 12 hours. This fall, they'll be launching the 3rd Edition of Every Sacred Sunday.
They're former college roomies at Trinity University, dog-lovers, tea drinkers, and big believers in extraordinary grace. Come hear their story about bringing their idea – and their business – to life!
What you'll learn:
• How Christie and Kassie navigated the challenges of establishing their own business, and the investments they made of time and money to make the book a reality
• How they identified a hole in the market and built business relationships to produce the first edition of the book
• How they balanced full-time jobs in the midst of starting the company
• How they adopted growth mindsets to learn aspects of business and book production – areas in which they had little prior experience
6:15 p.m. | Adoration and Praise & Worship in the chapel
7 p.m. | Event check-in and networking
7:40 p.m. | Opening prayer and remarks
7:45 p.m. | Hear from Christie and Kassie
• This event is free and open to all young adults in any profession or industry.
• Parking is available at the church and the adjacent school.
• Complimentary beer, wine and appetizers.
• Dress is business casual. See y’all there!